January 11, 2013

Hope for Spring

Remember when I said the post-holiday winter months sometimes still need some extra sparkle?



Well apparently it's supposed to feel a little like spring here this weekend -- 
at least for a few minutes.



My sparkly snowman may already be obsolete.  

Not that I'm complaining. I could always use some extra sunshine in my life.

It's usually the favorite part of my day -- the moments when the sun streams through the windows, shadows dancing on the walls. Sometimes I'm so busy I don't even notice -- but lately I've tried to make more of an effort to stop whatever I'm doing and simply observe.


I like to think of these above-average temperature days as a little glimpse into the future. Spring may still be a long way off, but for a few fleeting moments, I can actually picture leaves on the barren trees.


Hope shining through.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment